PLACES OF WORSHIP

St. Gregory the Illuminator church


St. Gregory the Illuminator is currently the largest temple of the Armenian Apostolic Church in the world. The Church was dedicated to the 1700th anniversary of the Christianity adoption in Armenia.

Yervand Kochar Street
+37410 543 332
St. John the Baptist Church


Sourb Hovhannes Mkrtich Church (The St John the Baptist church) was built in 1710 in the place of the medieval church destroyed after a massive earthquake on the high hill of Kond.

St. Hovhannes Street
+37410 527 922
Saint Sarkis Church (Cathedral)


St Sargis Church believed to date back to 1453. The monastery itself was a small chapel, where Catholicos and the Prelate prayed.

21 R.Israyelyan Street
+37410 585 713
Zoravor Sourb Astvatsatsin Church


The Church is hiding among high-rise residential buildings. The chapel was built in the 9th-10th centuries on the grave of the Holy Apostle Ananias.

9 Gh.Parpetsi Street
+37410 530 162
Saint the Blessed Virgin (Katoghike church)


Katoghike was built to replace the church destroyed by the earthquake in 1679. During the demolition, the site revealed another, much smaller church, Sourb Astvatsatsin, dating from the 13th century.

17 Kh. Abovyan Street
+37455 913 545
Kanaker, Sourb Hakob (St. James) Church


The church was built in the place of the church, destroyed during the earthquake in 1679. In the God-denying years the church was locked and served as a storehouse.

Kanaker 6th street
+37410 284 802
Kanaker, Holy Mother of God Church (Surb Astvatsatsin)


It was rebuilt in 1695 under the guidance of Khoja Aghajan and with the financial support of local merchants.

Kanaker 6th street
Malatia St. Mariam Astvatsatsin Church


The construction of the church began in 1991, dedicated to the memory of the heroes who fell in the Artsakh liberation war, as well as the martyred Armenians of Malatya.

34 Sebastia st.
Noragavit, St. George Church


The St. Gevork Church was rebuilt in the XVII century and was fundamentally restored in 1981-1984 under the auspices of the Holy See of St. Etchmiadzin.

Noragavit 9th street
Nork, Holy Mother of God Church


At the beginning of the XX century the church was restored with the donations of Ter-Avetikian brothers, the well-known businessmen.

Armenak Armenakyan str.
Nor Nork, St. Sarkis Church


The painting of Holy Mother hanging at the altar is created by the eminent Armenian artist Grigor Khanjyan.

46 Galshoyan St.
Avan Temple (ruined)


The exact date of the destruction of the Cathedral is uncertain, but it is considered that it also became a victim of the earthquake in 1679. The walls were preserved along the whole perimeter.

Marshal Khudyakov street, 2nd lane
Avan, Holy Mother of God Church


According to the decision of the Council of Elders of Yerevan, the plot of 600 sq m was allotted for the church construction with the right of unlimited use.

St. Peter and Paul Church


According to some information, the church was one of the oldest churches in Yerevan that was built in the V-VI centuries.

Gethsemane Chapel


Gethsemane Chapel was situated at the centre of Yerevan in the place where the National Theatre of Opera and Ballet was constructed afterwards.

Church of Holy Martyrs of Davitashen


The Church of Holy Martyrs is dedicated to the memory of the Armenian soldiers martyred for the sake of faith and Motherland.

12 Sasna Tsrer str.,
Church of the Holy Trinity of Yerevan


The Church of Holy Trinity was consecrated by His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians on November 20, 2005.

Raffi St,
Church of Holy Cross of Yerevan


The famous work of the artist Vardges Soureniants called “Hayouhi” is installed on the main altar.

Nerkin Charbakh 2nd street
The Blue Mosque


It is one of the oldest extant structures in central Yerevan and the most significant building from the city's Iranian period.

12 Mesrop Mashtots Ave.
+37410 522 193
Church of the Intercession of the Holy Mother of God


The centennial of the church's consecration was commemorated in October 2012, with representatives from the Russian Orthodox Church present.

68 Zakaria Kanakertsi st.
+37410 284 212
Arabkir adm. district