YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

1981
The first line of the Yerevan subway was opened on 7 March.
The first test train passed along the line to mark the anniversary of the October Socialist Revolution - November 7, 1980. On February 24, 1981, on the opening day of the XXVI Congress of the CPSU, the Yerevan Metro was put into operation, and on March 7 of the same year it accepted the first passengers.
Inaugurated on March 7, 1981, the launch section of the first stage, 7.6 km long (of which 1.9 km is the ground part), included 4 stations: "Barekamutyun" (Friendship), "Saralanji" (now "Marshal Baghramyan"), "Yeritasardakan" (Youth) and "Sasuntsi Davit" (David of Sasun). With a delay of several months, in December of the same year, the intermediate station "Lenin Square" was opened (now "Hanrapetutian Hraparak" - Republic Square).
Intermediate station "Hoktemberyan" ("Zoravar Andranik") was built only in construction and opened in 1989.
OTHER
1765-1766
Еrivan Khanate ruler Huseyn Ali Khan, erected the town's largest mosque, Geok Jami (Blue Mosque). At the beginning of the 20th century, it was one of seven functioning mosques in Erivan. Restoration of the mosque in 1996-1999 was financed by Iran.
2021
Renovation of the 6th segment of Circular park in the territory of which the first skate-park was constructed and a special area was separated for dogs.