YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

1863


According to the General plan of 1856, the main street was constructed and named Astafyevskaya, after the governor (today, Abovyan Street).


OTHER

1679-1680


Kanaker resident Khoja Plav reconstructed the Karmir (Red) Bridge, one of the three bridges over 1804-1813 the Hrazdan River. The bridge was named "red" because it was built of red tuff.

2007


On March 23, the "Moscow House" cultural and business center was opened in Yerevan.