Armenian television started its first broadcast.
Armenia Public Television dates back to September 5, 1955, when the USSR Council of Ministers made the decision to construct 27 programs centers and five transmission stations in the Union Republics.
On November 29, 1956, the date of Sovietization of Armenia, the first program of Armenian television was transmitted. With the beautiful voice of Nara Shlepchyan, the Public Television was launched.
The official opening of the Armenian television took place on February 9, 1957, as regular programs began to air. Later that year on August 6, 1957, the first news program was transmitted, titled the News of the Week. At first the news program was not periodical, but by February, 1958, the news program became periodical, which resulted in the creation of the news editorial office.
During the 2nd Russian-Persian war of 1826-1828, in October 1827, General Paskevich captured the Erivan fortress. On February 10, 1828 an agreement was signed in the Iranian village of Turkmenchay, according to which Persia ceded the Erivan and Nakhichevan khanates to Russia Empire.