YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1921


The National Gallery of Armenia was founded by the decision of the Soviet Armenian Government, as the Art Department, one of the five departments of the State Museum.


OTHER

1652-1705


A wealthy Erivan resident, Khodja Grigor, installed a supply of spring water from the upper parts of the Getar River to the Old District (nowadays, the center of Abovyan Street). Vardapet Hovhannes allocated money to construct a stone bridge over the Getar River. Khodja Panos started the construction of St. Zoravar in the place of the dilapidated Anania Chapel.

1887


In 1887, Nerses Tairyan started producing cognac in Yerevan.