YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1921


On 9 September 1919, the National Assembly of Armenia founded the History Museum of Armenia. The museum opened to visitors on August 20, 1921. Its first director was Yervand Lalayan.


OTHER

1906


The first line of the Yerevan horse railroad began started operating, at first along Astafyevskaya (nowadays Abovyan) Street, and later to the railway station.

1265


The Amenaprkich khachkar (cross stone) was erected in Kanaker in 1265. It is among the few that withstood the devastating earthquake of 1679.