SQUARES AND PARKS
In the 30th instead of the present park, there used to be a desolated area. It was planted with trees in the 30-40s during Lenin’s clean-ups. After the USSR's victory in the Great Patriotic War, on the event of Victory's Day, the memorial complex "Haghtanak" was built. In 1950, under the supervision of the Culture division of the executive committee of the City Council of Yerevan the culture and recreation zone was created around the memorial complex. In the same year, the monument to Stalin was erected in the park which remained there until 1962. In 1962, the monument to Mother Armenia was erected on the same pedestal. The grave of the Unknown Soldier, “No war” sculpture, the monument to border-guards, the Alley of Heroes, lake "Arevik", various attractions, and merry-go-rounds are situated in "Haghtanak" park.