YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1917


The year of foundation of the first automobile park of Yerevan.


On December 28, 1917, in the corner of Abovyan and Tarkhanyan streets, not far from the headquarters of the second rifle division, all the cars that could be called a vehicle were collected.

OTHER

1850


In Yerevan the female school was opened on January 2 and named in honour to St. Hripsime.

1652-1705


A wealthy Erivan resident, Khodja Grigor, installed a supply of spring water from the upper parts of the Getar River to the Old District (nowadays, the center of Abovyan Street). Vardapet Hovhannes allocated money to construct a stone bridge over the Getar River. Khodja Panos started the construction of St. Zoravar in the place of the dilapidated Anania Chapel.