YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1981


The audio library of the National Children's Library named after Khnko Aper was opened in 1981.


Within ten years, the audio library's vinyl records collection reached 8,500. Despite the rich music collection, the main attraction of the audio library was the variety of audiobooks. Since the 80s, the library was one of the favorite places of entertainment and fun among teenagers and actually different schoolchildren were coming to listen to audiobooks. It differed from other libraries: readers came here not only to borrow or return books, but stayed for hours.

OTHER

1874


Yerevan's first publishing house opened. It belonged to Zahariya Gevorkyan.

1879


The construction of Erivan's first town hall began, as did the construction of the city's first theatre.