On April 10,1866, the second female school after St. Gayane was opened in Yerevan.
It was a theological seminary created with the aim of instillation of religious moral among teenagers.
On August 31, 1879, on the decision of the Synod, the seminary was re-arranged into a secondary school with three grades.
The school was located in a comfortable premise in the courtyard of St Poghos-Petros church.
On September 29, Two very important road construction junctions for Yerevan were put into operation: the underground passage from Abovyan Park to Myasnikyan Avenue and the adjacent roads to the Saralanj Highway.