Mesrop Mashtots and Sahak Partev
Sculptor: A. Sargsyan
Architect: R. Julhakyan
Year: 1943 (2002)
Height: 6 m
The group of statues Sahak Partev and Mesrop Mashtots, the founders of Armenian script, educational system, and translation, is located in front of the central building of Yerevan State University.
The statue was erected in 2002. In 405, during the reign of Sahak Partev, the 10th Catholicos of the Armenian Apostolic Church, Mesrop Mashtots created the Armenian alphabet.