YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

1860


Erivan was divided into 7 districts: Kond, Shagar, Damirbulag (Shorbulag, Shorakhbyur), Dzoragyugh, Nortax, Malakani-tagh and Nork.


OTHER

2011


On July 7, Lyon Park has been opened as a symbol of friendship between Yerevan and Lyon. In 2010-2011 with the support of the City of Lyon, the park was completely renovated.

1936


The town name Erivan, which was its Russian name, was officially replaced with Yerevan.