YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

2011


On July 7, Lyon Park has been opened as a symbol of friendship between Yerevan and Lyon. In 2010-2011 with the support of the City of Lyon, the park was completely renovated.


OTHER

1860


Erivan was divided into 7 districts: Kond, Shagar, Damirbulag (Shorbulag, Shorakhbyur), Dzoragyugh, Nortax, Malakani-tagh and Nork.

1883


The Yerevan Hotel (now "Grand Hotel Yerevan") and the photo studio and workshop of famous photographer Leon from Tbilisi, opened on Astafyevskaya (nowadays Abovyan) Street.