YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1957


Bronze monuments of Hovhannes Tumanyan and Alexander Spendiarov (sculptors Ara Sarkisyan and Ghukas Chubaryan) were erected on the Opera Square.


OTHER

1883


The Yerevan Hotel (now "Grand Hotel Yerevan") and the photo studio and workshop of famous photographer Leon from Tbilisi, opened on Astafyevskaya (nowadays Abovyan) Street.

2011


On July 7, Lyon Park has been opened as a symbol of friendship between Yerevan and Lyon. In 2010-2011 with the support of the City of Lyon, the park was completely renovated.