YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1877


Erivan officially received the status of a town and the construction of Tairov's Wine and Brandy Factory began in the place of the Yerevan Fortress.


OTHER

1906


The first line of the Yerevan horse railroad began started operating, at first along Astafyevskaya (nowadays Abovyan) Street, and later to the railway station.

1866


On April 10,1866, the second female school after St. Gayane was opened in Yerevan.