YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1920


Republic Square in the 1920s.


The view from the current government building to the former "Noyan Tapan" store. On the right side is the building of the Men's Gymnasium, currently reconstructed as the National Gallery, next to the building of "Diamond" restaurant. Instead of front gardens, there are now fountains.

OTHER

1956


Armenian television started its first broadcast.

2011


On July 7, Lyon Park has been opened as a symbol of friendship between Yerevan and Lyon. In 2010-2011 with the support of the City of Lyon, the park was completely renovated.