Writers' Union of Armenia was founded in August 1934, simultaneously with the USSR Union of Writers and as a component part of the USSR Union. The building of Writers' Union of Armenia was built in 1954. (Architect: G.Tamanyan) and reconstructed in 1964-1965.
Since 2013 the chairman of the Union Eduard Militonyan. The Writers' Union of Armenia has the following departments: prose, publicism, poetry, dramaturgy, literature, criticism, translation, children, youth, Russian, Kurdish, military-patriotic.
The periodicals published under the Writers' Union of Armenia are: "Foreign Literature" magazine, "Literary newspaper" weekly, and "Nork" magazine.