The National Gallery of Armenia was founded in 1921 by the decision of the Government of Soviet Armenia, as one of the five departments of the State Museum - the Art Department. Martiros Saryan was appointed the director of the museum. As the first state museum of Armenia, it was officially opened to visitors on August 14, 1921.
OTHER
1860
Erivan was divided into 7 districts: Kond, Shagar, Damirbulag (Shorbulag, Shorakhbyur), Dzoragyugh, Nortax, Malakani-tagh and Nork.
1957
Bronze monuments of Hovhannes Tumanyan and Alexander Spendiarov (sculptors Ara Sarkisyan and Ghukas Chubaryan) were erected on the Opera Square.