YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1883


The Yerevan Hotel (now "Grand Hotel Yerevan") and the photo studio and workshop of famous photographer Leon from Tbilisi, opened on Astafyevskaya (nowadays Abovyan) Street.


OTHER

1957


Bronze monuments of Hovhannes Tumanyan and Alexander Spendiarov (sculptors Ara Sarkisyan and Ghukas Chubaryan) were erected on the Opera Square.

1843


Coat of arms of the Russian Empire of the city of Erivan with an official description in the Winkler's Armorial.