YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1883


The Yerevan Hotel (now "Grand Hotel Yerevan") and the photo studio and workshop of famous photographer Leon from Tbilisi, opened on Astafyevskaya (nowadays Abovyan) Street.


OTHER

1970


The Ani Hotel was opened. It is named after the medieval Armenian city of Ani, one of the historical capitals of the Armenian nation.

1976-1987


The Sports and Concert Complex was built on Tsitsernakaberd hill.