YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

13TH CENTURY AD


St. Astvatsatsin (Katoghike) Church was founded. A chapel was erected in the place where the remains of Saint Anania were buried in the 7th century. This is now St. Zoravor (Almighty) Church on Parpetsi Street.


The Gephsiman Chapel was erected, which was destroyed in a 1697 earthquake. It was later restored, then destroyed again.

OTHER

2007


In May, The new complex of "Zvartnots" International Airport was opened.

2009


On November 7, the "Cafesjian" Centre for the Arts was opened.