YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

1936


The town name Erivan, which was its Russian name, was officially replaced with Yerevan.


On August 17, 1936, the Central Executive Council of the USSR decided to replace the previously used name "Erivan" with the name "Yerevan".

OTHER

2015


On January 29, Komitas Museum-Institute was opened.

1933


The Opera and Ballet Theater launched with "Almast" opera, by Alexander Spendiarov.