"Yerevan State University" was established.
By the decision of the government of the Republic of Armenia and the efforts of politician Sirakan Tigranyan, the "Yerevan State University" was established on May 16, 1919, and professor Yuri Ghambaryan was appointed as the first rector (1919–20).
A wealthy Erivan resident, Khodja Grigor, installed a supply of spring water from the upper parts of the Getar River to the Old District (nowadays, the center of Abovyan Street). Vardapet Hovhannes allocated money to construct a stone bridge over the Getar River. Khodja Panos started the construction of St. Zoravar in the place of the dilapidated Anania Chapel.