YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1883


The Yerevan Hotel (now "Grand Hotel Yerevan") and the photo studio and workshop of famous photographer Leon from Tbilisi, opened on Astafyevskaya (nowadays Abovyan) Street.


OTHER

1906


The first line of the Yerevan horse railroad began started operating, at first along Astafyevskaya (nowadays Abovyan) Street, and later to the railway station.

13TH CENTURY AD


St. Astvatsatsin (Katoghike) Church was founded. A chapel was erected in the place where the remains of Saint Anania were buried in the 7th century. This is now St. Zoravor (Almighty) Church on Parpetsi Street.