YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

1866


Stage coaches, multi-seat carriages pulled by horses and carrying both passengers and mail, began to regularly shuttle from Erivan to Tbilisi and Kutaisi.


OTHER

1652-1705


A wealthy Erivan resident, Khodja Grigor, installed a supply of spring water from the upper parts of the Getar River to the Old District (nowadays, the center of Abovyan Street). Vardapet Hovhannes allocated money to construct a stone bridge over the Getar River. Khodja Panos started the construction of St. Zoravar in the place of the dilapidated Anania Chapel.

1880


Yerevan's first newspaper was "Psak" ("The Wreath"), which was first published on March 15, 1880.