YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

1652-1705


A wealthy Erivan resident, Khodja Grigor, installed a supply of spring water from the upper parts of the Getar River to the Old District (nowadays, the center of Abovyan Street). Vardapet Hovhannes allocated money to construct a stone bridge over the Getar River. Khodja Panos started the construction of St. Zoravar in the place of the dilapidated Anania Chapel.


OTHER

1918


On May 28, Yerevan was declared the capital city of the First Independent Republic of Armenia.

1967


A monument to the victims of the Armenian Genocide was built on Tsitsernakaberd Hill.