YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

2019


Diana Abgar park was put into operation after reconstruction in June 2019. It is located in the central part of Mashtots Avenue.


The park was put into operation after reconstruction in June 2019. It is located in the central part of Mashtots Avenue (junction of Saryan street and Mashtots avenue) in Yerevan. By the decision of the Council of Elders it was named after the eminent Armenian public figure, writer and publicist, the author of a number of books about  the Armenian Question, the Honorary Council of the First Armenian Republic to Japan, Maecenas  Diana Abgar.

The park occupying the area of about 20 000 sqm was landscaped, nearly 10 000 trees, bushes, flowers were planted. The recreation area is distinguished by fountains with a illumination. The fountain complex consisted of 600 water jets makes it possible to hold water shows with illumination accompanied by music. The improvement of the park started in 2015. To realize the project "Tashir" group of companies invested about  15 million US dollars in Armenian equivalent.

OTHER

1906


The first line of the Yerevan horse railroad began started operating, at first along Astafyevskaya (nowadays Abovyan) Street, and later to the railway station.

2ND-1ST MILLENNIA BC


Archeologists found Aghvesaberd (Fox Castle) cyclopean masonry dates back to the 2nd-1st millennia BC. Aghvesaberd is situated in Nor Nork 1st massive, not far from the Yerevan Zoo, in the Avan Gorge.