On December 13, the opening of the William Saroyan Monument at the adjacent area of the Mashtots Avenue and Moskovyan Street crossroad took place.
OTHER
1971
Yerevan Museum of Modern Art opened on Lenin Avenue (now Mastots avenue).
1877
Erivan officially received the status of a town and the construction of Tairov's Wine and Brandy Factory began in the place of the Yerevan Fortress.