YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY
1958
The construction of a complex of buildings in Lenin Square (architects Alexander Tamanyan, Rafo Israelyan) and the Matenadaran repository for ancient manuscripts (architect Mark Grigoryan) which rose above Lenin Avenue (present-day Mashtots) was completed.
OTHER
1920
The plan of the Yerevan in 1920 by M.Astvatsatryan. The map depicts Yerevan as it looked before the implementation of the master plan for the reconstruction of the city by architect Alexander Tamanyan (in 1924-1936), which changed the character of the city from a regional center to a major capital.
1906
The first line of the Yerevan horse railroad began started operating, at first along Astafyevskaya (nowadays Abovyan) Street, and later to the railway station.