YEREVAN CHRONOLOGY

Card image cap

1936


Moscow Cinema was built in the place of St. Poghos-Petros (Paul and Peter) Church.


OTHER

11TH CENTURY AD


City became an important trading center, directly connected to Ani, Armenia's capital city at the time. Prince Apirat ordered the construction of the Mamri irrigation channel (1031).

1679


On June 4, a strong earthquake completely destroyed the town. The Yerevan Fortress was destroyed completely, so were the following churches: Poghos-Petros, Katoghike, Zoravor and the Gethsemane Chapel.